We are looking for an experienced engineer who has a low-level technical understanding with a solid background in general software development. You will work as a part of a data services team to develop and design data pipeline at a scale rarely seen in Finland. In addition, your work will a direct positive impact for many game developers out there!
In this role, you will take part in implementing distributed computing systems dealing with both real-time and batched data. You will get familiar with constructing data pipelines which handles tens of thousands of events per second, setting up cloud infrastructure, building massive profiling services and, of course, working with numerous technologies and languages.
- Design, develop new services and improve our existing services
- Ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design
- Work closely with other data scientists and engineers helping with feature and model engineering
- Solid experience in software development
- Experience in taking initiatives and making decisions on how things are done
- Understanding how different data storage engines work and what are the limitations (SQL, NoSQL, key-value -stores)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills in English
- Good programming skills in Python and Java
- Familiar with Go and Scala
- Knowledge of Kafka and Cassandra
- Experience with Spark and Samza
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus, and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Data Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!