The Data Analyst on Unity’s Education Team will lead the data identification, extraction, synthesis, and communication needs to reflect the growth, retention and advancement metrics based on Unity learner experiences. Specifically, you will lead the work on existing data as well as identify new data that will lead to deeper customer insights. You will work cross-functionally with the Education team, user research team and various data centers and owners across Unity.
We want to hear from you if: you’re experienced with capturing, synthesizing and communicating data to drive critical business decisions. If you enjoy working cross-functionally, and collaboration is evident in your previous work. If you’re super responsive to team and product needs, pulling from your toolkit of best practices.
- Identify, extract, and transform data from multiple distributed systems
- Handle all data manipulations and daily reporting needs for the Unity Education team - including user acquisition, churn and engagement data across a variety of products and platforms
- Develop dashboards and reports with clear, action-oriented insights
- Provide “voice of the customer” data insights for professional, hobbyists, student and teacher learners to the company
- Recognize additional data that should be pulled to drive decisions
- Experience in an analytical role and a track record of successful application of diverse analytical approaches
- Strong SQL and Excel skills required
- Experience with data visualization tools (Unity uses DataStudio, Periscope and Looker)
- Understanding of statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and accomplished in use of one of the statistical software packages like R, SAS or Python machine learning modules
- Experience with scripting languages a strong plus
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Data Analyst - Education position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!