We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to join our team at Unity. Our advertising and In-App Purchasing solutions and technologies are deployed in hundreds of thousands of apps used by hundreds of millions of users every day. This generates massive data sets that need to be mined for valuable insights in order to understand how to continue to drive this fast growing business and support our developer community.
The Business Intelligence team is viewed as the first-line of defense when problems and curiosities arise, and you will be providing crucial reporting tools and analysis that are the backbone of the decision making process for sales and product teams. Your day-to-day will consist of building data pipelines and dashboards, running ad-hoc reports, digging into issues, finding opportunities to improve operational efficiency and being a general go-to person for the Unity Monetization organization.
- Coordinating with stakeholders, gathering requirements, identifying data sources, developing ETLs, designing and delivering dashboards, and performing ad hoc analyses
- Providing data documentation in an easily understood way to both technical and non-technical parts of the business
- Supporting the design and implementation of BI tools to be used across the company
- Understanding complex product and business questions and challenges and relating them to the data
- Exploring our vast data sets to identify and investigate new opportunities and efficiencies
- Advanced expertise in SQL (BigQuery a plus) and familiarity with Python (PySpark a plus)
- Experience developing and maintaining ETLs (Airflow experience is a plus)
- Experience with data visualization, dash boarding and analytical report building (Looker, Periscope, Tableau or similar)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a wide audience, as well as translate sometimes ambiguous data requests into clear action items and requirements
- Ability to lead your projects from identifying user requirements to writing ETL scripts to aggregate the data to crafting dashboards/reports
- Gaming or AdTech experience
- Experience with LookML
- Experience with Terraform
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Business Intelligence Developer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!