At DeltaDNA (a division of Unity Technologies) we provide services into the games industry, helping developers and publishers of games to engage with their player base in greater detail. Using our innovative analytical tools to understand player behaviour our clients can then create the best ingame offers and perks. These tools help to create a better all round gaming experience for gamers which in turn helps to drive commercial success.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team. The team you will be joining develops, improves and maintains the code for our powerful backend that drives our industry leading games analytics and engagement services.
- Design, develop, and maintain new services and improve our existing services
- Collaborate with multiple teams, ensuring great interaction with Unity’s growing portfolio of game services
- Operate within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote
- Experience working on high availability and scale out systems
- Solid programming experience in Java or Kotlin
- Experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Programming experience in Python or C#
- Experience of interacting with NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, HBase, Mongo) and their concepts
- Experience working with an analytics focussed database (Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience of developing services to be deployed in Google Cloud Platform or another cloud based environment would be of benefit
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Backend Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!