Role descriptionThe opportunity
The Real-Time Learning team at Unity empowers anyone with an interest in real-time development with learning experiences that enable them to reach their career goals. The Unity Learn Platform serves millions of learners looking to build skills in real-time software development.
Our team is looking for a back-end developer to collaborate with a global multi-disciplinary team. You’ll be embedded in the product development process to understand user needs and build features that provide learners a fun and immersive experience.
We are part of the Social Impact team at Unity, where your work will have a direct impact on the lives and livelihoods of Unity’s development community across the world!
Work may include travel to Unity offices a few times per year.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with your team to deeply understand the needs of our users, and build features that serve those needs
- Build reusable code and libraries that are testable and scale well, using appropriate design patterns and data structures
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Resolve and debug problems in applications
What we’re looking for
- Good commercial experience building high traffic web services in Go
- Good understanding of Good experience writing unit tests
- Knowledge and understanding of distributed, highly available, and scalable cloud based systems
- Knowledge and understanding of microservice architecture and patterns
- Experience with NoSQL databases – MongoDB preferred
- Experience working with GCP, Firebase and Docker
You might also have
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code tools, such as Terraform
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Back-End Web Developer, Unity Learn Platform position on WeChat