The Unity Labs AI research team is incubating and influencing the future of AI in video games, VR and AR, through targeted research projects in decision-making, machine learning, autonomous control architecture, knowledge representation, and more. We are filling gaps in the set of AI tools available to game developers, and building bridges between AI paradigms.
As a Labs AI intern in our team, you will be proposed to contribute to one of several on-going research projects, either by developing or expanding the core functionalities of the tools we are building, or by demonstrating a new type of application for these tools. Leveraging on the strong penetration of Unity in the world of game development, this internship will give you a great opportunity to impact the future of game AI, and accelerate the adoption of next generation AI tools by Unity developers.
The exact nature of your responsibilities will be decided during the recruitment process, depending on your profile and your goals. They will fall in one of the following categories:
- Support Unity AI research team in one of the core technical challenges associated with our research programs
- Help to productizing the research by contributing to the code base and adhering to high software engineering standards.
- Help promote the tools by developing demos and tutorials in original application domains. For instance, using an NPC behavior generation tool as a story manager.
- Game AI
- Automated planning, planning under uncertainty,
- Autonomous decision-making and control
- Machine Learning, reinforcement Leaning,
- Game development, Unity game engine.
- Interest in video games
- Interest in other areas of AI that listed above (for instance: autonomous robotics, interactive narration, procedural content generation, …),
- Experience producing video games, VR or AR,
- Experience with other game engines that Unity.
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the AI Intern position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!