The Learn Content Team is looking for a 3D Environment Artist to help us create stunning game projects, samples, and feature demonstrations which form a pivotal cornerstone in teaching, promoting and developing the Unity engine. This role will provide maternity cover for up to 6 to 12 months.
As part of a dynamic internal content team here at Unity, your work will reach millions of people. You will be helping to inspire beginners, hobbyists and professionals alike to learn more about creating interactive experiences as Unity expands its already diverse user base into new and exciting areas.
You will be working onsite with the Learn Content Team as an integral part of our team of artists. We want you to work with us to design aspirational projects that showcase the latest developments in realtime technology.
- Maintain a consistent standard of work throughout a varied range of 3D tasks
- Model, sculpt, retopologise and bake a variety of environment assets
- Produce texture assets and materials in a range of art-styles, utilising modern practices such as physically based rendering
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot creative or technical issues
- Proficiency at efficient environment modelling
- Portfolio showing examples of digital sculpting with ZBrush or Mudbox
- Strong knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max, or equivalent
- Proven ability to work with and without reference
- Familiarity with Unity’s Lighting, Post Processing and Rendering systems
- Shader writing or Node-based shader creation experience
- Ability to also create stylised or organic assets
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the 3D Artist (Maternity Cover) position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!