The Learn Content Team is looking for a 3D Environment Artist to help us create stunning game projects, samples, and feature demonstrations which form a pivotal cornerstone in teaching, promoting and developing the Unity engine. This role will provide maternity cover for up to 6 to 12 months.
As part of a dynamic internal content team here at Unity, your work will reach millions of people. You will be helping to inspire beginners, hobbyists and professionals alike to learn more about creating interactive experiences as Unity expands its already diverse user base into new and exciting areas.
You will be working onsite with the Learn Content Team as an integral part of our team of artists. We want you to work with us to design aspirational projects that showcase the latest developments in realtime technology.
- Maintain a consistent standard of work throughout a varied range of 3D tasks
- Model, sculpt, retopologise and bake a variety of environment assets
- Produce texture assets and materials in a range of art-styles, utilising modern practices such as physically based rendering
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot creative or technical issues
- Proficiency at efficient environment modelling
- Portfolio showing examples of digital sculpting with ZBrush or Mudbox
- Strong knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max, or equivalent
- Proven ability to work with and without reference
- Familiarity with Unity’s Lighting, Post Processing and Rendering systems
- Shader writing or Node-based shader creation experience
- Ability to also create stylised or organic assets
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the 3D Artist (Maternity Cover) position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!